Thursday, May 19, 2011

Full Moon Party

Every month, a festival--known as the Full Moon Party--takes place on Koh Phangan to celebrate the Full Moon. It takes place on Haad Rin beach, and runs through the night till the new sun rises. Everyone dresses in neon, covers themselves in body paint, and dances. Needless to say it was an experience of which we are both glad to have taken part in.  

Full Moon Party- notice the updated sign... apparently it is still 2010 over here, quite the time difference.
Body Paint- I got a turtle, Jon went with a skull and crossbones
The Masses.
Fire Slide which I chose to go down, Jon preferred the picture-taker role
So the first time either of us actually wears walking shoes this trip and I completely slip and fall while walking down to the party. Thankfully, the lovely ladies at the Full Moon's clinic cleaned it up for me. Nonetheless, my reputation as being graceful is now tarnished, and have road rash-iness down my leg--thankfully it doesn't hinder my massage getting ability. Don't worry mom I'm completely fine I promise!! Notice the turtle.
Mr. Jonathan
Group photo! The sign was initially on fire saying Full Moon but by the time the British lad taking the photo got the job done it had gone out...

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to show mom the picture of you at the "Thai hospital." Very smooth. Though I'm not sure if she is going to be more unhappy about that or the fire slide. Good lord...

    Nice choice with the turtle :)

    ReplyDelete